Redesigning a property manager from the ground up
Transforming a private equity backed property management group - from a napkin sketch to an equity event via a full business redesign.
We worked with one of the largest property management companies in the UK to redesign their business and reinvent their service model by putting digital technology at the heart of what they do. Following a period of growth through acquisition, and with a complex underlying technology landscape, we were tasked with helping to design a more efficient future-state business, and to form a programme to achieve the transformation.
Unlocking trapped value
We worked with closely with leadership to find and unearth trapped value within the business by redesigning key business processes and customer interfaces to make interactions more frictionless for both internal and external audiences.
We designed a new enterprise system landscape and digital product suite that streamlined core business processes and improved customer experiences. By designing the underlying operating model, we were able to model the commercial impact of the transformation, to create a compelling case for investment. Following board sign-off, we then designed the two-speed programme to deliver change through the business, before helping to establish the internal capability to deliver it.
- Redesigned >150 core business processes and 10+ enterprise system landscape, engaging group-wide stakeholders to accept newly designed organisation and ways of working
- Designed and developed 3 new digital products to stimulate customer self-service and employee effectiveness
- Defined new group-wide operating model and organisation design to drive efficiencies and afford capacity for aggressive growth plans
- Established a new digital capability at the heart of the organisation, who are now working hard to deliver against the transformation blueprint
- Announced its sale to PE-house in summer 2019, with digital transformation cited as a key factor and agenda for the future